[HELP] tank max block ES Marauder

Hi all. I need some help from good/pro players. My marauder is lv 82 and this is my build.
Thanks.

STAS

LIFE: 3545
MANA: 363
ES: 615 (without discipline)

DPS: 10K (with melee splash)
ARMOUR: 12567 (without determination)

BLOCK: 72% (without tempest)
SPELLS BLOCK: 54% (without tempest)

FIRE RES: 76%
COLD RES 80%
LIGHT RES: 75%
CHAOS RES: 75%

MY CURRENT GEAR

SKILLS

CWDT(lv1) + end cry + warlord mark/ele weakness

CWDT(lv12) + molten shell + iron will + blood rage

CWDT(lv20) + molten shell + incr duration + immortal call

Infernal blow + multistrike + melee phys dmg + melee splash + weapon ele dmg

Tempest shield + red mana + iron will + mana leech/culling strike

red mana + vitality + hatred

WHICH AURAS I HAVE TO CHOOSE?
All the auras are intended linked to a lv20 q20 red mana.

1) 3 60% auras without tempest shield
I have to spend 8 Passive (7 for auras and 1 for shield block) and lose Tempest shield. The auras are: determination - discipline - hatred.

2) 2 60 auras + tempest shield
a) - discipline + hatred and spend 7 passive for (10str and 110% armour) or 8 passive (10 str and 120% armour)
b) - discipline + determination and spend 7 passive for (64 phys dmg, 12% atk spd, 4% area effect, 10% life)

ARMOUR
My armour is low i need more and more because i'm getting too physycal dmg. Actually i've only 54% (without determination).
I could take some more armour from the gloves and a bit more from the belt, a max of 200/400 more armour.

END CHARGES
I've 4 end charge, i could take 2 more with 3 passives and having 24% reduction instead of 16%. They are also good for Immortal Call.

TEMPEST SHIELD
I think this is a key gem in a max block build. What is the best combo in your opinion?

1) TS + red mana + iron will + leech mana

2) TS + red mana + iron will + life leech

3) TS + curse on hit + ele weakness + iron will/red mana

4) TS + red mana + iron will + added lightning/chaos/ light penetration

5) TS + red mana + iron will + culling strike

CURSES
Actually i'm casting warlord mark with CWDT lv1. I've those solutions, what's the better in your opinion?
1) CWDT + warlord mark(lv 5) and TS + ele weakness (lv 20)

2) CWDT + warlord mark(lv 5) without curse on hit with TS

3) CWDT + ele weakness(lv 5) without curse on hit with TS

MANA
Sometimes i'm going out of mana. Actually i've 10K DPS with melee splash. I've only 2% mana leech.

GEAR
My goals:

- replace the topaz ring with a DEATH RUSH for the onslaught and the life leech, moving the light res to the belt.

- take 2% more mana leech from the gloves for a total of 4% mana leech

- replace my 268 DPS mace with a 300 DPS one that could deal more dmg for hit (for mana leech).

- take the six link on the chest, adding added fire dmg.
I wouldn't use Dicipline, and I would also remove the 6 points from the Armor/ES left of templar.

Since you already recover 100% of your ES everytime you block, there's no reason to stack more of it.
Around 600 is more than enough.

Instead increase your life pool for the single, hard hits that eventually will not be blocked.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Good advice. I could replace those point with pure armour. Changing from 60 Arm, 35ES, 8ele to 94% armour.

AURAS PASSIVES
I can get the 6 passive Nord-Ovest and the 3 sud-ovest (near Unwavering stance).
34% more effective auras.

IRON REFLEXES + ALPHA'S HOWL
I could take IR for the Alpha's Howl so i can run 3 auras losing Tempest Shield:

Determination + Hatred + Grace

So i'll get a lot of armour and more damage. I can benefit from any kind of gear and i can benefit from Grace

GRACE
With aura passives (34% increased effect) + AH (+2 gem level) = 2902 evasion --> armour

DETERMINATION
determ from 51% became 71 (formula: 53 x (1 + 0,34) ).

FINAL PASSIVE TREE

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBjkM9w48EuEUTRRSFPYXLxkuGjgaVRv6JLAl3ycLJy8n7SkuKaUyiTSONug26TpSPfxCo0d-TdhOKk99UWBT31XWV-JYY1jbWfNeH18_YSFko2TnZU1mnmebapNr2WwWbmlyqXflecB8uHzZfuKAVoCkgW-DOIO2hNmE74Y7hmCG0YcZjHaMz5BVl7SZK5uDnjyfy6C0ogCkGaeEqZWsqqyvrLqvbLT5tkG9gb6nwA_AGsEEw4bFisbY0k3Uj9Xt3B3jauOf5FHnkenV7Dju2e8O73zwH_Gs8wb2SPrS-6r8S__T

Now i should have a lot of armour, decent ES, all max res, max block, good spell block but i have low life and low DPS (probably i can reach 12K with melee).
Do you think that i've to take more life and DPS instead of a lot of armour? Currently without any flask if i take a phys hit from Dominus (1st form) i risk to die one-shotted....

Thanks.
Yes, I think you need more life.

For a "tank", you just don't have enough.

Take the 4 health nodes at Duelist (Golem's Blood) instead of Armor nodes, and I'd also take the remaining "life/chaos resist" nodes .

"Baptism by light" (mace nodes near templar) now has two very sweet "5% life 8% damage" nodes next to it, those should be taken as well.

I'd probably end up with this:
Click me
It's a 118 point build (Lvl 100 with Oak/Oak/skillpoint), high block, serious life, not too high Damage and Attack Speed.

I see an issue with Damage in your build, this will have very, very low DpS.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I agree with you that i have low DPS but i cannot see passives to remove. I'm spending 20 points in shield. Probably this is one of the tankiest build for a Marauder and my goal is to became as tankiest as possible.

The only way i have to improve my DPS is with auras. Now with Alpha's Howl i can choose one of those options:

1) hatred - determination - grace
2) hatred - determination - haste
3) hatred - determination - herald of ice (ice dmg) - herald of ash (15% extra phys as fire dmg)
4) hatred - determination - herald of ice/herald of ash - tempest shield (i can free 2 passive node)

Since both hatred and herald of ash are increased from base phys dmg i agree with you removing the Weapons ele dmg from passive and take more pure phys dmg instead.

After a little more of study... if i choose the 4th option (2 x 60% auras and 2 x 25% reserved) i can free 5 passive points that i could spend in 87% more phys dmg.

At the end with the Alpha's Howl and only 4 passives spent in auras i have these possibilities:

OFFENSIVE:

Hatred - Haste - Herald of Ash - Tempest

Vulnerability that is better for life leech (i've blood rage too).

BALANCED:

Hatred - Determ - Herald of Ash - Tempest

Vulnerability.

DEFENSIVE:

Grace - Determ - Herald of Ash - Tempest

Enfeeble/Warlord's Mark.

END CHARGES VS LIFE:
I can get 6 of them. The 6th instead of 6% of life.

ARMOUR VS LIFE:
I can choose between (66% Armour, 10 str, 2% movment speed) and (20% life, 1% life regen)

TEMPEST SHIELD
Do u have any suggestion?
What i thought:

1) red mana + iron will + culling strike.
2) iron will + curse on hit + vulnerability (so i can replace the effects of lv3 vulnerability)
3) culling strike + curse on hit + vulnerability

CWDT lv 1
Actually it is linked with end cry and Warlord's Mark (or vulnerability or enfeeble) if i'll use curse on hit i'll can think of replacing these gems with others.. Your suggestions?
What i thought:

1) Molten shell lv7
2) Desecrate lv5
3) Glacial Cascade lv7
4) convocation/summon skeletons/raise spectre

117 points - Oak/Oak/Oak
Last edited by Elicaone on Aug 28, 2014, 11:20:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info