Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

Path of Daggers

Low-life ST dagger is still #1 DPS in-game. Still one of the only builds that can safely handle Uber Atziri. Surprise surprise :)

It's not the daggers that make that possible. Give them a rapier same results just slower. It's OP shavs which allow LL and crazy auras and OP acuity for instant leach.

But yeah Daggers are way OP compare to other weapon.

Except that wands are now way stronger. Check out Fyndel's new lowlife BM wander, it completely trashes his old ST build.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

Path of Daggers

Low-life ST dagger is still #1 DPS in-game. Still one of the only builds that can safely handle Uber Atziri. Surprise surprise :)

It's not the daggers that make that possible. Give them a rapier same results just slower. It's OP shavs which allow LL and crazy auras and OP acuity for instant leach.

But yeah Daggers are way OP compare to other weapon.

Except that wands are now way stronger. Check out Fyndel's new lowlife BM wander, it completely trashes his old ST build.

Wands are strong now. Yes. Maybe even stronger than daggers.... Still doesn't take away that sword, mace, and axe all suck terrible in comparison.
GGG. Any thoughts?
well ggg is going to have to something to address it eventually , pretty much everyone i know is going crit.
I can agree, that non-critical weapons will be inferior to critical ones. After all, perhaps non-crit weapons were desighned for tanks....

But why Sceptres and Staves are made inferior to Daggers and Claws?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Shuks wrote:
Weapons all have base crit stats, daggers have the best crit nodes and base crit.

Why not give all weapons additional base stun (maces would be highest), base bleeding (swords), and something for staffs, crushing blow?. Then those base numbers would be amplified by the passive nodes. Maces would be the best stun lock weapon, swords the best damage over time, claws leach, daggers big crits, staves not sure, never used them.

They could make bleeding a de-buff as well as damage over time. Bleeding enemies do 20% less damage, could even have stacks. Then all weapon types would have a play style that favored them. Swords would have some safety, maces too with the stun. Claws lots of leech. Daggers would deal big damage but nothing for mitigation.

And nothing to axes, like it already is? Swords got accuracy, staffs got block and maces stun..Don't come and say "they have the highest base damage". So? You can specc and get almost as much with a sword, and even double the damage using staff and go crit
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
GGG will respond. I have faith.... :)
even d3 is trying to buff non crit damage since in d3 no crit = no damage
[Removed by Support]
We all know axe is best. Kappa
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
GGG will respond. I have faith.... :)

No they won't. I've emailed, they never give rationale on balance changes.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info