Massive client load time

63GB M4-CT064M4SSD2 ATA Device (SATA-SSD)

You should install and run PoE from THAT drive (it's an SSD)... you'll get better load time and performance.
More likle that the problem is in low RAM. Windows 7 64 bit takes 2 GB of RAM + programms that always on, like antiviruses, video card control center etc will take aditional RAM.

What can you do:
- lower all settings to minimum and add -gc 2 or -gc 1 to your game shortcut and --nosound (if you would agree to play without sound).
- buy more RAM.
- install windows xp which takes only 256 mb of RAM, but since its 32 bit you can only use 3,4-3,5 GB of your RAM and also microsoft stoped to support windows xp meaning that you cant play new games.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 6, 2014, 1:45:02 AM
Yeah I had a feeling I was lacking ram, I haven't updated my ram in a long time. Also I can't put my POE on my ssd drive because its only big enough to hold windows, all the rest of the programs go on the slave 1tb drive :/. Thanks all for the help!
So i just put in another 4gb of ram, and my ram is now this 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24), and it still takes about 6 minutes from launch to load to the login screen. anyone have any idea why it takes so long? i assume this goes hand in hand with the reason of my game always lagging like my character is never in the spot it shows i am in, i glitch around to places i havent walked to and it constantly causes me to die, and being level 70 dieing is a big deal.
Post your dxdiag

Run Defragmentation of your HDD
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 12, 2014, 5:21:22 PM
more RAM doesn't make it load faster.

Getting a faster through-put drive makes it load faster (IE: SSD).

If you keep the same drive, you're going to get the same "speed" results.

The bottleneck here is the HDD's "random read" speed because it is a mechanical hard drive. Likely the "random read" speed is still slower than your data bus speed. If you get a faster drive, then the bottleneck becomes something else.

The goal in designing PC's is to get all the components to bottleneck equally (and very little). If one part is slower than the others, it causes a bottleneck and holds up the process. Things have to wait for that bottleneck to progress. In your case, it's likely the HDD trying to put data into RAM.

More RAM gives you more space to put stuff (and prevents swapping and crashing), but it doesn't make it LOAD the data into RAM any faster.

Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info