Top phys single target bow skill?

Hey all,

So my last physical bow ranger used frenzy as her single target skill. With the nerf to frenzy, which skill is the best right now? Puncture only seems good for a crit build (due to bleeding not stacking) and burning arrow is pretty sub-par too.
Last bumped on May 20, 2017, 3:57:57 PM
"
Jamezuh wrote:
Hey all,

So my last physical bow ranger used frenzy as her single target skill. With the nerf to frenzy, which skill is the best right now? Puncture only seems good for a crit build (due to bleeding not stacking) and burning arrow is pretty sub-par too.

If you want the single best, it's likely still Frenzy. You still get increased damage per charge and that doesn't happen with other skills.

I just don't see why Frenzy still isn't as good as it was.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Jamezuh wrote:
Hey all,

If you want the single best, it's likely still Frenzy. You still get increased damage per charge and that doesn't happen with other skills.

Nerfing the attack speed bonus per frenzy charge means you need to invest more points in the tree for frenzy charges (and you need to maintain all of those charges) to do similar dps as before
Well, if the bonus was multiplicative then it might have been a serious nerf, this way it's probably manageable.

Let's say you had 80% IAS from tree and gear and 8 frenzy charges, that's another 40% of regular bonus from charges and 96% from 12% IAS per charge that frenzy had.

That's 316% attack speed total.

Now we got 40% again instead of 96%, which is 260%

So, after the nerf same setup will do 260 / 316 = 0,82 and we lost 18% dps. Should be fine with this bow damage buff.

Still, if you need a single target attack, I'd go for barrage, best damage multiplier by far if you don't mind the effective range.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Seems like it's Tornado shot linked with multiple projectiles since it can shotgun. If I am not mistaken the target get's hit once from the initial piercing projectile, then X more times from each explosion, though usually the target doesn't get hit by arrows from every each explosion, some of them usually miss. Still about 200%+ phys damage per shot.
"
Jamezuh wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Jamezuh wrote:
Hey all,

Nerfing the attack speed bonus per frenzy charge means you need to invest more points in the tree for frenzy charges (and you need to maintain all of those charges) to do similar dps as before

This thread isn't talking about maintaining any DPS.

It's talking about what skill is best for single target DPS with bows.
"
Jamezuh wrote:
Hey all,

Puncture and Burning Arrow DOT is brutal if you spec for it. (The key is the double-dipping on passives like 'Projectile Damage', which boost both the initial hit and the DOT multiplier, and likewise curses like Vulnerability and Projectile Weakness.) Burning Arrow got buffed significantly in 1.2 and is now much more useful on physical damage builds (so a Puncture+Burning Arrow build is perfectly doable). Of course, once you've got a good hit on the target, you can switch to a spam skill (not that you'll need to, unless the target is exceptionally tough).
"
Kadajko wrote:
Seems like it's Tornado shot linked with multiple projectiles since it can shotgun. If I am not mistaken the target get's hit once from the initial piercing projectile, then X more times from each explosion, though usually the target doesn't get hit by arrows from every each explosion, some of them usually miss. Still about 200%+ phys damage per shot.

I dont think it can shotgun. Based on my observations you can hit one enemy twice, once from initial projectile and once from second form
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Tshot shotguns decently if used prberbly; I'm using it almost everytime with lmp, but got puncture as single target for nasty regen/beyond monsters

"
Natharias wrote:

It's talking about what skill is best for single target DPS with bows.

then it's Puncture.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info