[Bug] Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit

It simply does not work. The explosion itself when you shatter an enemy does not curse, neither does the added damage effect (which is intended I suppose). The worst part is that i fully invested into this build, hoping to essentially have a 10-link, being a multi-curse cold caster. The icons show that Herald of Ice is supported by Cast on Curse and Curse becomes unavailable for self-cast.

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last bumped on May 3, 2016, 6:05:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Herald of Ash is such an OP buff compared to Herald of Ice.

Inb4 nerf/buff

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

I dunno if it is a bug or not, but this is a huge disappointment for me :(

Hope we can get some clarification on the interaction of HoI and CoH
Any word?
Still nothing? A simple, this is intended or not would be much appreciated.

I'm really looking into getting HoI apply my curses.
"
Klimentiy wrote:
Herald of Ash is such an OP buff compared to Herald of Ice.

Inb4 nerf/buff

herald of ice works on spells.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Herald of Ice is really good when it's supporting the right skills. I would also like some clarification as to whether or not this should work or not. If not, I can probably change my build around, but if it does then I'd really like it to work... like... now...
The explosion is not the "hit" and therefore does not trigger the curse. Pretty sure that is what is happening here. THe wiki on "curse on hit" says: Curses cast via this trigger no longer possess their AoE effect, only affecting the enemy hit with the linked skill.

Again - the Devs may say something different here, but the "explosion" is not really you hitting the enemey, it is a status you are inflicting on the enemy causing them the shatter.

I would guess this is working as intended....
also note that most trigger gems require that YOU cast the linked attack/spell to hit the monster, the AOE is separate from you caused by an attack/spell not linked
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 7, 2014, 9:53:13 AM
"
I would guess this is working as intended....

It's a completely new game mechanic, your guesses are, frankly, not worth anything. I don't necessarily want Dev input, but if Herald of Ice doesn't apply curses with Curse on Hit then it shouldn't be supported by the gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info