Was PoE hacked?

Not sure if this is altogether true, but I just got this in a newsfeed.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attack

I can understand the other games for spite or giving it to the man

But little old PoE, GGG must be big time now.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Last edited by justinloase on Aug 24, 2014, 12:32:23 PM
A DDoS isn't a hack :P They attacked PoE because of Kripp.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 24, 2014, 12:34:41 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
A DDoS isn't a hack :P They attacked PoE because of Kripp.

Ooh you Kripp, always stirring up shit....free press at any rate! ;)
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
POE was attacked by a huge influx of players.
The servers did not respond in any sort of fashion I've grown to expect from DDOS.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
POE was attacked by a huge influx of players.
The servers did not respond in any sort of fashion I've grown to expect from DDOS.

Wrong they were DDOSed and bragging about it on his stream.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Anyone mind telling me what DDOS is?
Denial of Service. They get 1000s of infected computers to all access a site at the exact same moment and overwhelm the server so it can't do it's job.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Denial of Service. They get 1000s of infected computers to all access a site at the exact same moment and overwhelm the server so it can't do it's job.

Essentially a complete dick move and very deserving of a good hard slam to the balls.
WTF?

"
"End the greed"

Someone should tell the Lizardfaces that POE is completely Free to Play and GGG should never be compared to the greedy bastards at Blizzard. But congrats to GGG for having a big enough name to be thrown in with the big boys, makes me smile. They don't deserve the headache but they do deserve some free publicity and praise. :)
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info