Resolute Technique- really confused

So I am enjoying the crowd control in this game. I like being able to freeze enemies and see them light up with fire.

I was told in another thread that because Resolute Technique takes away crits, enemies will no longer be frozen or burning because those effects take place upon a crit landing.

With that being said, Im very confused if I should take RT or not. Playing a marauder, I am not sure which of the larger nodes to take. I have seen discussions regarding blood magic being used.

Any advice or help here? I am trying to theorycraft but not sure what to do in regard to RT or no RT in the build.

Thank you fellow Exiles on the Path.
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
also for RT...

I have read a few times that people chose to skip the +damage nodes when going for RT.

Why? This doesnt make sense.

I understand not investing in accuracy because that isnt needed for RT. But to skip plus damage doesnt make sense because being a strength melee class, we want more damage.

Not sure why an RT marauder would avoid added damage nodes.
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
Not sure why people are skipping some damage nodes. Unless they are playing are hardcore and are favoring being able to survive. But regarding softcore, in my opinion, take resolute technique. It saves you a lot of skill points and gear towards dex and accuracy.

Regarding your crit question. I have tried out the glacial hammer skill while using resolute technique and was still able to freeze the target in place. If you were just doing regular cold damage, yes you would need to crit to apply special affects. EX:shock, burning, freezing. these affects(besides shock) do not give a significant increase in damage.

As a Marauder there are other means of doing damage besides crits. In my opinion saving skill nodes and allowing for a different attribute on gear(ex: not having to take dex) allows for more favorable attributes such as more resits.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes at lvl 28, I have already taken some Dext nodes. At the time, needed Dex for gear and it helps with dodge.

Taking RT, I know to skip accuracy nodes.

Yep glacial hammer works, it states that skill itself will turn enemies into chucnks of ice lol.

the battle in my head was the hybrid battle. I know marauder is strength, but being so close to templar and the dexterity tree, the maruader and get some "outside of the box" nodes. For example, in one of my rough drafts, I went "north" on the tree and went for elemental damage and increased mana (build without blood magic).

But I think after all my searching, I will drop my want for my marauder to cast a lot of spells and crit for ice and burning. I will prob take RT and focus on melee and survivability.
Glad I could help. It's ok to be creative and try to do things outside of the norm. Just making them viable is the hard part haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info