string format error

after failing Vagan mission and exiting arena got this:
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same thing happend to me

Spoiler
wild guess: you didn't kill any dummies at all?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Same issue. Got KS'd in the final few moments and it went 9 to 11, or something like that.

Spoiler
Participant in race seasons 3/5/7, Legacy HC, Harbinger HC, and Betrayal leagues. I primarily play homebrews.
Bump

Same error, except mission complete

Edit: First message was before talking to Vagan. Second message was after talking to him. This was not a dummy misson, just a straight fight.

Last edited by harddaysnight on Nov 27, 2014, 1:00:28 AM
Same happened at Elreon daily.
I had the same thing with Tora on the Merciless Ledge. after talking to her it immediately says Mission complete and something about not enough corupted corpses, then when I enter the den I get the string format error.

bug ref number 1,913,852,199

UPDATE: I was able to just do the mission anyway and i still got mission complete and the reward.

Update 2: after dying and zoning back into the Ledge, the mission has now change from killing the monsters in the den to tracking them with their dead corpses. Mission status is no longer "Complete"
Last edited by SchmonkeyBoy on Nov 27, 2014, 11:13:38 AM
I just got this bug at the start of a zana mission. Screenshots on my computer in PoE aren't working, they show up black. But I got

"-Mission failed. All portals have been consumed.
-[STRING FORMAT ERROR: boost::too_few_args: format-string referred to more arguments than were passed ORIGINAL TEXT: Slay the Rogue Exiles. (%1%/%2%)]."

This is before I even entered Zana's map. It was in an Underground River map, and spawned a level 73 Tropical Island map. All 6 portals were still intact.

When I entered the map, the mission failed indicator went away, but the string format error remained. I'll report back if it lets me complete the mission.

Edit: When I killed one Rogue Exile, the string changed to "Complete the mission within the time limit" (there was no time limit displayed). With no objective.

When I killed the second Rogue Exile, the string changed to "Enter Zana's Map area". While I was still in the map. At the same instant, the big gold display that says "Return to the Master" was displayed center-screen, implying I had completed the mission.

When I exited the map area, Zana allowed me to complete the mission. I gained experience as normal; however, along with the big "Mission Complete" display, my objective changed to "Find the lodestones", instead of informing me that the mission was complete.

In the end, this was an aesthetic bug for me and not a mechanical one, but it was still very strange. Stop playing with array indices!
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 27, 2014, 11:21:11 AM
Similar, except with Tora and it seems the mission failed message is for Caterina (?). I was (click-n-hold) running when the pointer went over Tora and forced the conversation to start.

Bug # 891,654,343

Spoiler

PS: Mission still completes successfully.

PPS: Two in one day! This time on a random and on completion. Original Text is off; it was a duel, not a dummy competition!

Bug # 2,340,821,366

Spoiler

And make that three; this time on completion of the daily.

Bug # 4,062,680,758

Spoiler
Last edited by Kintou3 on Nov 27, 2014, 12:07:43 PM
I got the same thing just now. Ran my Tora Daily, and it told me the mission both failed, and was completed right at the start.
Spoiler

Then when I went down the in the Den, it gave me the string format error:
Spoiler

I went ahead and did the quest and it was completed just fine.
Spoiler

I turned it in and got my reward, but it still told me to Talk to Tora even though that did nothing.

Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info