Herald of Ash - Core for a new build?

I've got those, i could try it out i suppose
i use this one a facebreaker build and currently am sitting at 30k dps. with HoA up, if my initial IB/multistrike kills them then everything on the screen burns. i have nothing linked to HoA and had honestly not thought about linking anything since i was operating on the assumption that "oh it reserves mana, its an aura". will link it with the extra slots i have later and report findings on dps scale
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
If you were to do a build like this I'm confident a sword or staff would be the optimal setting. For a 6L looking something like this. Staff example:

Heavy strike, phys dmg, added fire, faster attacks, power charge, crit damage.

I have been thinking if multistrike is better than Faster attacks, but this will inconviently reduce the overkill hits for herald of ash. Not to mention heavy strike with multistrike is freakin annoying to play with!
Note that you only need "overkill damage", you don't have to "oneshoot + overkill damage".

It may be more efficient to "almost kill a monster" with the first attack, and then inflict solid overkill damage with the second.

In my HoA build, I go for dual wield / crit multi, to get the screen burning, and it works quite well. I wouldn't use a 2h without crit, that's just less damage and less defense.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info