Note to Chris: Why I'm quitting PoE

I'm not sure if he will ever read this message, but I hope he do.
PoE is a great game, I bought the closed beta key when kripp started to show gameplays last year. I've played all class, did races, HC, Softcore... the game was really good until open beta.

I mean, Act 3 is great, its all I wanted on this game, the scenarios/musics are just what I wanted. But here is the problem: One day I looked at GGG official youtube channel, and saw the build of the week 14(Shadow class), it was so great and fun to play using chaos inoculation and flicker strikes, and now in OB I planned and lvl up until 62 to play with the same build, but now its unplayable, you've removed the 50% ES bonus of chaos inoculation and now I can't play even with all points reachable on Shadow class, mericless is 3 hit kill even with max resist, all bonus of passive skill tree and supers items with ES bonus.

Now I end up in lvl 62: lvl too high to low maps, and a char too weak to maps of my lvl, it's not fun anymore. The point is, You can't change the gameplay all time like D3, changing what was fun to play in something painful and frustrating. I prefer to have one game so I can decide if its fun or not.
You see, I play fun build that has fun gameplay, and not efficient builds like Kripp and his boring wand. This is why the genre is ARPG, and this is what i'm asking, more action and less nerfs, stop removing the action of the game.

Well, I could make a new char staring all over again based in something fun to play but you guys could nerf it and I dont want to take the risk, I'm not a no life gamer, although I play many hours a day.
In order to not make this unfair, I know it was in BETA, and still is, but I like the game so much that I want to help giving my feedback, and I think this is important since ARPG nowadays are always having patches and changing everything each 3 or 4 months....

Well this was my feedback, hope this help, cheers
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Feb 9, 2013, 10:34:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
My name is Chris and I noted this post
I don't really get it.
You quit the game because your specific build isn't working out anymore? XD
Have you ever thought about the name of the difficulty?
Merciless. Well, it is indeed merciless. I was surprised too, just how damn hard it is XD, but if you change the way you play to get some advantages it's working.
You simply have to play clever and sneaky.
Last edited by grasmann on Feb 4, 2013, 8:24:27 AM
"
BetuUuUu wrote:

Now I end up in lvl 62: lvl too high to low maps, and a char too weak to maps of my lvl

Huh? You're 62. The lowest map is 66. Maps are hard. You're probably too low even for the easiest map.

"

, it's not fun anymore. The point is, You can't change the gameplay all time like D3, changing what was fun to play in something painful and frustrating. I prefer to have one game so I can decide if its fun or not.

So this is a free respec thread, oh.

"

You see, I play fun build that has fun gameplay, and not efficient builds like Kripp and his boring wand. This is why the genre is ARPG, and this is what i'm asking, more action and less nerfs, stop removing the action of the game.

What have they removed from the game? The only thing they've nerfed significantly is crits and CI, which I imagine they will fix sooner or later.

"

Well, I could make a new char staring all over again based in something fun to play but you guys could nerf it and I dont want to take the risk, I'm not a no life gamer, although I play many hours a day.

There is no evidence that GGG strictly nerfs popular builds. Freezing Pulse hasn't been changed at all.

"

In order to not make this unfair, I know it was in BETA, and still is, but I like the game so much that I want to help giving my feedback, and I think this is important since ARPG nowadays are always having patches and changing everything each 3 or 4 months....

Well this was my feedback, hope this help, cheers

I think you could be a bit more descriptive, I don't think your feedback is very useful. If you want free respecs, that's never going to happen. If you're worried GGG is just going to nerf something you want to play, you should just explain to them you're frustrated they're nerfing all the builds you like to play. If you're bored with the skill selection and want more skills to play with, say that. But I'm not seeing a compelling reason to be bored or frustrated or quit the game from your post.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
BetuUuUu wrote:

Now I end up in lvl 62: lvl too high to low maps, and a char too weak to maps of my lvl, it's not fun anymore.

Wow you stop playing because you cant do the highest content with 62 ... i killed Vaal yesterday with 69 and it was scary as hell ... we even lost a newfound friend (RIP Consternation) to deadly lighting ... but back to you ... you should be able to run docks giving you massive xp at lvl 62 ... maybe try maps agin with lvl 70+ or better equip ?
[Beyond] Hajhji/MahouShoujo_Madoka
I'm...actually...on your side, even though everyone else is flaming you in this thread.

They've been doing alot of nerfs, which put most stuff in line with how CB was but with the addition of act 3, higher damage and life from mobs, these build which were viable in CB are feeling very weak at points in OB until heavily geared. My archer felt useless in a party of 2 GS maras and FP witches until lvl 79-81. It just wasn't fun, they cleared everything for me, I kited white mobs for 3-5 screens while hoping not to die (having more EHP than I did at similar lvls in CB).

I'm all for a difficult game but you can make every mob have the same burst damage of vaal's GS and claim that's difficult, really it's just not fun at all. I can say honestly my build sucked balls until about lvl 75 and I didn't start to enjoy it until 80, which was mostly gear related.

I think the new difficulty is really limiting the builds to the ones that were borderline OP in CB. Personal feel that if other builds are going to stand up to them they will need heavy buffs while the general move lately has been nerf everything that's good.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
BetuUuUu wrote:
...it's not fun anymore. The point is, You can't change the gameplay all time like D3, changing what was fun to play in something painful and frustrating.

a beta can change, I think there's nothing wrong with that.

"
BetuUuUu wrote:

I agree with you...but that's their philosophy and we have to somehow accept it or leave (imho)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Feb 4, 2013, 10:06:48 AM
i'm with him and moos on this one, they made CI unplayable now. I can't do my old cleaave build as i had planned it very carefully in CB, then i made it for the templar since i thought it might work slightly better, now its ruined. i HAVE to use life and armor to survive now, this nerf made me do this, just overhauled everything because of it.

The CI nerf was unnecessary, CI was hard enough for melee characters now its impossible to play a melee CI.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 4, 2013, 10:14:44 AM
I'm a bit concerned that the amount of difficulty makes you require to only play the most efficient builds.

They killed a lot of builds with changes to the skilldrasil in CB and with the changes to CI Melee-CI-Builds are nearly unplayable. But I feel that Melees have a tough time right now anyway, so I hope that they give them something to compensate for the fact that they are in the front-line since they are as tough as ranged chars, but take way more damage.
So you wanted to play the most gear dependent build there is after a complete wipe of all gear.

I guess you can figure out for yourself what went wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info