Legacy ST or mirror corsair

Hey guys, I need some info. Anybody tried compare or have some ~ tip how would dps change if i switch legacy soul taker for mirror corsair?
With my spec, 83 lvl Im at ~21k dps with hatred while using 352 dps soul taker and not even levelled gems. Any info that could help me solve this is appreciated or if somebody is into switching the sword for my ST just to try it or even trade, feel free to msg me.

My spec(aegis+st tanky dps.probably gonna change the spec a bit): https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY4zPPfxfP_ZI-6qgtPMG5FHyL1RJcql82WaewBpZ86yqgKQXL_rSVdZk51FgT32AVn7iwQT3TXYrQXSE2SXfG_qkGQHcvop4DQtheWhuab6nm4NT31jbrK_AD9JNapPV7U4qtkFbr90NOJZkWlz5txf8xaOK7g5W-hutSO494rfT18sppWeb1I8ZLiftTjJZ_livOlI26J_LDjxkoxpVBjl5wNwd7tnlvfZV_EtsFocZqZWQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMduOfJy_vDryfpKyQCueRw4Y=

My soul taker:
Spoiler

Mirrored Carrion Bite Corsair Sword: http://poe.xyz.is/search/narainaniketek
Last edited by nikeyla on Aug 23, 2014, 10:11:18 AM

actually i was doing a build around this weapon with reave i had like 30k dps with frenzy charges i had like 32k and with atziri flask 42K dps which was a lot for me cause i didnt use to have builds with lots of dps.

Ill trade you my Carrion bite for 187 exa if you want.
ToxicDreams..........
And can u tell me some more specific info about the build/gear/gems so i can compare the dps at least a bit? I would have to rip off one aura if I use the sword. Probably a survival one,disc or grace.
To be honest, I dont like double strike, but I have to use it because of the axe. Reave feels much better, despite it has a bit less single target dps I guess. And clearing maps is much easier/faster than DS+splash.
Last edited by nikeyla on Aug 23, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
Reave + Conc Effect easily outclasses Double Strike + Splash in terms of raw DpS.
When you also exchange ST for a mirrored corsair, the DpS will skyrocket even more.

You should be able to maintain your 6L Reave with just Mana Leech and a couple of Int and Mana Affixes (like on Rainbowstrides), so you don't even have to drop a damage gem for a Blood Magic gem.

It may also cost 2-7 skill points (duelist/ranger/marauder int/mana/cost nodes), but those also provide Intelligence, and you need this for blue gems anyways. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Thanks for the info. Glad to read this cos I really hate using axes:P I think ill give it a try when i sell my st. Im just scared of sacrificing one aura after removing soul taker. Will have to check this later and try some more or less aura reserve builds.
The big advantage of ST is the not having to use mana to make skill work.. Can you keep up the mana costs of skill with all the support gems when using the sword instead of ST>?
Domine Non Es Dignus
With such phys dps the sword can give u, yes for sure. Just 1 or mb 2 mana leech rings,gloves or anything and it could be ok.
Last edited by nikeyla on Aug 24, 2014, 9:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info