Fate of Eternal Laboratory? RIP?

The new hideouts and the integration with the map system is wonderful, and a very nice quality-of-life change for end-game mappers. Most of the public map parties I join now are hosted in someone's hideout.

You have direct access to your stash there, and map portals can be conveniently "reset" without having to create another instance. Hideouts seem like a v2.0 lab! So my question is, what will happen to the original Eternal Lab?
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Aug 23, 2014, 9:10:42 AM
Can you open maps from zanas bench? I dont have her at lvl 2 yet so i dunno what her bench can do.
"
Can you open maps from zanas bench? I dont have her at lvl 2 yet so i dunno what her bench can do.

Yeah, you get your own little map device. Zana needs to be L3 so you can invite her to your hideout. Set the map device in your hideout. Then you're free to keep or dismiss her.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Aug 23, 2014, 9:13:32 AM
"
rrtson wrote:
"

Yeah, you get your own little map device. Zana needs to be L3 so you can invite her to your hideout. Set the map device in your hideout. Then you're free to keep or dismiss her.

Level 2 to invite. Level 3 to create hideout
"
rrtson wrote:

The new hideouts and the integration with the map system is wonderful, and a very nice quality-of-life change for end-game mappers. Most of the public map parties I join now are hosted in someone's hideout.

You have direct access to your stash there, and map portals can be conveniently "reset" without having to create another instance. Hideouts seem like a v2.0 lab! So my question is, what will happen to the original Eternal Lab?

Probably the same with what happened to the Device in Sins. :3
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Yep, there's no reason now to use Eternal Lab unless you're in a new league and haven't met Zana yet.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

Wait; what? That thing had a use?
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

Yes, back during closed beta, but we don't talk about it anymore.
Outside of questing, towns no longer have a use either.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
illskills wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Yes, back during closed beta, but we don't talk about it anymore.

Lol, i didnt even know there was one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info