Claws of the Magpie

Does this node even work?
I'm trying claw build and hit FAST, but not a single blow procs a charge for me!

Confirmation of bugged?
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Are you attacking enemies that have charges? Because it does say "chance to steal".
Last edited by zaktansAquarium on Aug 23, 2014, 12:26:56 PM
No, it works. Btw, a cool thing about this node is that it steals all the Charges on the target per proc (I would have expected it to steal just one).
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
I wondered does this work with Conduit? I'm playing in party and I play supportive Reave + Viper Strike Shadow.
"
ephetat wrote:
No, it works. Btw, a cool thing about this node is that it steals all the Charges on the target per proc (I would have expected it to steal just one).

Can you continue to 'steal' when you are at max charges?

Sounds like if you attack fast enough, you can pretty much shut down any monster ability based on charges and turn it to your advantage, e.g. those bears that spam Enduring Cry or the various things that gain Frenzy when damaged or when nearby kin are slain. Could be a little bit OP in PvP as well.
Yep, you can, and it refreshes the stack on you. It works as well as you say and expect. It's a nice bonus, nothing gamebreaking, and monsters usually don't generate Charges that often anyhow (though I expect it'll turn those "monsters gain X charges per second" maps into pure benefit, once I get there. Damn vacation keeping me away from the game).
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Aug 26, 2014, 6:05:24 AM
"
ephetat wrote:
Yep, you can, and it refreshes the stack on you. It works as well as you say and expect. It's a nice bonus, nothing gamebreaking, and monsters usually don't generate Charges that often anyhow (though I expect it'll turn those "monsters gain X charges per second" maps into pure benefit, once I get there. Damn vacation keeping me away from the game).
Stripping endurance charges is really effective. And neutering power charge mobs is also really really powerful.

lol
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
I wondered does this work with Conduit?

Quoting myself. Yes, it does work, although I don't know is this useful combination.
realistically Magpie is more useful for the stripping effect on enemies that get charges than it is for giving charges to the user. So it's not particularly amazing with Conduit, but it's not terrible if it happens to be a 1 point investment and you like to play in a party.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info