There's something about Vorici's voice acting that I really can't stand.

"
thescyphozoa wrote:
"
I think its because his voice is slightly nasal... it sounds like he has a bad cold.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! There's no way an assassin would be able to do his job if he's about to sneeze all the time!

Maybe it's part of his technique to constantly mimic a cold-voice. One of the confirmedly most efficient ways to make someone overconfident and underestimate ones abilities is to make yourself look weak and helpless, then strike them with full force while they expect they'll be dealing with a weak opponent. Sun Tzu's "Art of war" ftw ;)
"
Tom7i wrote:
Maybe it's part of his technique to constantly mimic a cold-voice. One of the confirmedly most efficient ways to make someone overconfident and underestimate ones abilities is to make yourself look weak and helpless, then strike them with full force while they expect they'll be dealing with a weak opponent. Sun Tzu's "Art of war" ftw ;)

Excellent point. Also, assassins were often known to sample small quantities of their own poisons in non-lethal doses in order to build up immunity to them. Could be he has a snootful of Purple Yin.
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
thescyphozoa wrote:
"
I think its because his voice is slightly nasal... it sounds like he has a bad cold.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! There's no way an assassin would be able to do his job if he's about to sneeze all the time!

ooooorrrr, bad voice acting? Occams razor ftw
"
Malazans wrote:
ooooorrrr, bad voice acting? Occams razor ftw

Dammit, stop breaking our immersion. WSOD is hard enough without having to use an industrial crane to do it. :-)
apologies for the thread necro but did anyone discover who the vorici voice actor is? it sounds like david wenham to me
Vorici is voiced by Calum Gittins who has a role in The King's Speech but also played this wee lad in LOTR Two Towers (which shows how long ago that was):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFeWTMiduLg

From memory, Calum did actually have a cold during the Vorici session.
Last edited by BadWumpum on Sep 21, 2015, 3:02:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info