Not a huge fan of Waypoint sounds

The humming doesn't really fit the situation imho and I'm unsure what kind of hum would work or if it should hum. Thankfully, walking a very short distance away stops the hum so it isn't an urgent issue or anything.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Agree, it's way too loud. I wanted to hear nice water and bird sounds in the lush hideout and all I hear is bzzzzuuuzzzzzummbzuuuzzzzuzzzzzzz.
Yeah the buzzing sound effect is loud and annoying.
hmm you should only be able to hear it while pretty much right on top of the waypoint, is this not the case?
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
hmm you should only be able to hear it while pretty much right on top of the waypoint, is this not the case?
It is the case for me (I use Software audio), which is why I'm not overly concerned about it.

Anyways, a random suggestion: Replace the hum with some kind of tranquil ambiance?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 25, 2014, 1:56:58 PM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

With headphones I have to go totally to the left of the lush hideout to not hear it anymore.
Also I noticed that waypoint sound flange other sounds which make everything sounds weird.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

This is not the case.

For example, in the laboratory, the buzzing is hearable from the first torches from the entrance. It's clearly audible with headphones.

I usually tend to AFK with the game on and usually even went to the eternal laboratory because it had absolutely no background noise to bother me, all while avoiding to mute the game in case somebody whispers you for trade.
Maybe just replace the hum with a non-looping 2 or 3 second audio effect that plays when stepping on it?
Computer specifications:
Actually, I really run from waypoints now since for me the sound is almost headache-inducing. And I'm not a migraine person. If we need a sound at all, I, too would go for a short/non-looping one. On the other hand, there do seem to be less chars hanging out on waypoints now :-D
I have the same issue, please fix this.
Lush Hideout too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info