I open strong box thingies, game freezes to process stuff, I'm dead

How is this in the game? I just died and lost 10% exp because I open the box, the game freezes to load up all the enemies that spawn, game finally comes to and I'm dead.

Guess I can't play another feature of the game! Great!

oh yeah, I'm level 90 in a 67 level map. WHy am I playing such low level content? because getting a map pool over level 72 is hard as balls, I have well over 2000+ hours and hardly any level 72+ maps
Last edited by Xaxarius on Aug 22, 2014, 1:02:46 PM
Do you have the game stored in a 5400 ram HDD? CPU? GPU? OS?
"
Xaxarius wrote:
How is this in the game? I just died and lost 10% exp because I open the box, the game freezes to load up all the enemies that spawn, game finally comes to and I'm dead.

Guess I can't play another feature of the game! Great!

oh yeah, I'm level 90 in a 67 level map. WHy am I playing such low level content? because getting a map pool over level 72 is hard as balls, I have well over 2000+ hours and hardly any level 72+ maps

You obviously need a new pc or you really need to tone down the graphic options.

About the map thingy stop complaining
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
the game has no preloading, this really has to be addressed

same issues also arise with summons or in the new loremaster quests
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
It's been like this for a while.

When you have certain AoE Effects + certain rogue exiles + stream of monsters (the killer for me), the game can, and will freeze. It will kill you. It's not a "bad computer" issue, as I've replicated over multiple computers, with multiple hardware options.

I have a feeling that it's a problem with the way that the game sends information through to certain GPU's, as most of my stuff is Nvidia, and that seems to be the only common thread between the machines that I've experienced the problem on.

Anything from a Sony Laptop, all the way up to, and including a rather new (<18mos old) gaming machine.
Wild captain your an idiot. Getting maps is a problem and boxes are an issue for many players.
I just died in beyond due to exactly the same problem. The game just froze for 2-3 seconds when opening a strongbox. POE is a great game, but game freezes like these really hurt the game. Time for a reroll...
Using Lightning Warp or Smoke Mine preemptively helps a lot with strongboxes ;)
open the box and move out of the way
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
"
shoju wrote:
It's been like this for a while.

When you have certain AoE Effects + certain rogue exiles + stream of monsters (the killer for me), the game can, and will freeze. It will kill you. It's not a "bad computer" issue, as I've replicated over multiple computers, with multiple hardware options.

I have a feeling that it's a problem with the way that the game sends information through to certain GPU's, as most of my stuff is Nvidia, and that seems to be the only common thread between the machines that I've experienced the problem on.

Anything from a Sony Laptop, all the way up to, and including a rather new (<18mos old) gaming machine.

It is a bad computer issue. I'm assuming you probably replicated the problem over several bad computers :P

I've played since closed beta and never once experienced slow down or freezing.

The strong box is causing bad pc's to freeze because they cant process the mass of instant spawning monsters quick enough. My gpu is nvidia too. Nohing major either, i5 processor and 570 gpu.
Last edited by pengant on Aug 24, 2014, 8:08:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info