Constant Disconnects

Currently I'm having a problem where if I'm in a party - since I haven't noticed it solo yet - and I take a portal, waypoint, or a zone portal into an adjacent area the loading screen will sit there for a while and then eventually disconnect me.

I've narrowed this down to only ever happening to ME while in a party of 3+ as I currently duo most of the game w/ a buddy except when I'm farming maps or exp and then I notice it and constantly have to reconnect and try to find a new group, etc.

Any idea?

PoE is open in firewall and ports are forwarded.

I've tried direct connecting without a router.

I've tried to use a VPN or something similar to see if it was my ISP and it's not.

Any ideas?
Bump.
I'm having trouble with constant disconnections too...
It seems it only happens when I'm near the end of a quest for some reason, mostly in act 1.
I'm pretty persistant, and kept logging in. Yesterday, I got kicked about 30+ times in less than 2 hours, and today I'm having the same issue (this time in normal, yesterday in cruel).

The odd thing is, is that a pal of mine has had no trouble yesterday, around the same time (he was in act 2 though).

Also, I normally don't have this issue, it started yesterday. And today, I was able to go for about 30 minutes now without a dc.
Last edited by Endelerius on Feb 4, 2013, 6:59:41 AM
Any ideas?
Similar issues here as well. I've narrowed my disconnects down to two instances.
1. While going from the player selection menu to starting the game.
2. When using town portals, or changing specific zones.
2a. Had a lot of problems with sewers, market sewers, and a few other players. Literally just disconnected me as many times as I would try to enter. Had to wait for a few days before it even allowed me to enter.

I noticed in the first scenario, if it just logged into my account and I immediately double click my character or press play, it will almost always disconnect me. If, however, I pause briefly and then choose, it will connect.

I have also tried turning off firewall/antivirus, enabling port forwarding, ran WinMTR (which has not netted any useful info), turning graphics settings completely down, and creating new chars (has same affect).
Last edited by Cjherren on Feb 5, 2013, 11:18:04 PM
Same issue for me. A little different from the OP, it happens to me anywhere at random times, but it happens *a lot*.

I am rarely able to completely work through an area without at least one DC which makes portal scrolls next to worthless to me.

Standing in town I can get DCed upwards of 5 times just trying to sell my stuff.

I have a rock solid connection and no issues in any other games. I'm a Software Engineer by trade and am connected, during work hours, and working over my network connection, so I know it's not an issue there.

Any help you guys can provide?

Thanks!
Yeah same here. Cannot complete Act 1 (kill Merveil) as I constantly get disconnected trying to get to her (have to fight through 3 areas which always get reset and randomized).

I play a lot of other multiplayer games (MMOs FPSs) and none have this problem. GGG need to get their network coder to make his connections more robust/tolerant.
yeh this constant disconect and lag and dsync since open beta is just annoying ,im not playing much since my toon got killed at mercy docks cus of lag and dsync , i hope they fix this soon.
sexy and i know it ;)
I have the same problem, but it happens in both party and solo game.
Constant disconnects here too. Can play for a few minutes/seconds then disconnected.

Act 3, first zone. If that makes any difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info