WTF, i've kicked out from HC league without even dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

when you click on the portal that leads to the next zone, for a short while your character is still in the previous zone, before he appears in the next zone and you can control him.

This is not a game's fault, but you couldnt have known. I hope this wont discourage you from trying out another character soon. Its wise to make sure that no monsters are following you, or be sure that those mosnters cant kill you in that short window. I am sorry for your lost character.

Cheers
Say, you play in America gateway, then you are in party with someone in another gateway, say Singapore gateway.

If you port back to town and somehow that town is in Singapore gateway, this may cause instant disconnect.

I'm not sure if this is bug or a fatal glitch by GGG, they somehow might mix up gateway instance NOT based on our login gateway.

Hopefully someone can clarify this :D
From what i know the game uses the gateway of the person that created the instance. Not sure about town, but say someone from US makes a new Dock instance, my ping will be higher because its using the US gateway.
I was hoping that someone from "GGG" will look at my problem and trying to help me, because i think i'm in the "Technical & Account support" section!! , but any way Thanks to every one in this forum for taking the time to explain what happened, and may be i'll try out another character but i don't think it will be in these days.
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
I was hoping that someone from "GGG" will look at my problem and trying to help me, because i think i'm in the "Technical & Account support" section!! , but any way Thanks to every one in this forum for taking the time to explain what happened, and may be i'll try out another character but i don't think it will be in these days.

The GGG people have made their stance clear many many times already. There won't be any character rerolls under any circumstances.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Also want to point out that this is beta..... Hell, they even got a loading screen with the text "There will be bugs" .. Complaining about this kind of stuff in a beta isnt the right way to go.. You participate in a beta to give feedback and find bugs.. This connection problems,loading screen problems, server issues etc will not be in the final game..
If this would have been the Final Game though, then you could have complained and wanted your character back... But again, this is beta! You play not only for fun, but to give feedback and find bugs.. That's what a beta is all about.. Oh and also ofc to test all servers/connections, whitch they already stating they are attending to improve..

:) Think Happy Thoughts!! :)
"
Juulis wrote:
Also want to point out that this is beta..... Hell, they even got a loading screen with the text "There will be bugs" .. Complaining about this kind of stuff in a beta isnt the right way to go.. You participate in a beta to give feedback and find bugs.. This connection problems,loading screen problems, server issues etc will not be in the final game..
If this would have been the Final Game though, then you could have complained and wanted your character back... But again, this is beta! You play not only for fun, but to give feedback and find bugs.. That's what a beta is all about.. Oh and also ofc to test all servers/connections, whitch they already stating they are attending to improve..

:) Think Happy Thoughts!! :)

dude, i'm totally aware that this is the "beta" , and of course you will find bugs and other problems while playing in the beta, and i have NO problem with that whatsoever.

But i was just angery for losing my chararcter (level 30 in HC) from such a ridiculous problem "u hv 2 understand that" and i wanted to find away to go back to HC league with the help of "GGG" or at least they explain what realy happend to me , but unfortunately i didn't get any answer from them, and i don't no if you noticed or not that most of "not all of them of cours" the feedback and problems from players doesn't get any any answer from "GGG".
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
Same thing happened to me me OP...
No monsters in my screen, made a portal casually, loading screen, then login screen with that accursed message and, guess what, my bloody character in the default league...

To be honest i was hoping GGG had some kind of a log to verify whether something like that happened to a character or not, but i'm asking for too much eh?

PS: If it wasn't such a bloody great game i would have quit playing after losing my 2nd character to server issues. And finally, as this game is still in beta, i urge GGG to put high on their priority list things like certain bugs and latency spikes that can be lethal in hardcore servers.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 6, 2013, 10:33:02 AM
guys, this has been tested time and time again, and many players across the board have said they were put into another league without dying.

The fact is, you died. If you don't believe so, type /deaths.

Yes, loading screen deaths suck, but if they didn't exist at all, then many things would be incredibly unbalanced.

For those worried about losing a lvl 30 range character, remember that PoE is less about the character, and more about the experience. Unless you have played ALOT, chances are you were going to die anyways, this game is DIFFICULT. Most players need 5-10 characters at least before they understand the full requirements of the passive tree and the best way to play their preferred build safely. Add in the fact that you get to keep all of your currency, and you will realize you really are not out that much.

An experienced player can level to 30 in about 1.5-2 hours or less. Use some of the gear you found (you did keep the good rares right?) to design a build that will level faster and get back at it!
i just had this happen to me except when i logged in my character was in hc and as soon as i get into game it is sent to sc that makes no sense...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info