What class is the most fun?

I've made a fire templar so far and I'm having fun utilizing both spells and melee.
Pure Dex Bow Ranger on HC
Last edited by DenialS on Oct 9, 2011, 4:22:41 PM
Is there any lack of balance with ranger? I've never seen so many people choosing ranger.
"
raphadont wrote:
Is there any lack of balance with ranger? I've never seen so many people choosing ranger.

Honestly I hear people talk both ways about this..that ranger is under and over chosen..but to give you some basics.

The ranger is what you'd expect, someone who runs around, shoots arrows, quickly, and sometimes multiple arrows. There really isn't too much that's new to it overall. Although I will admit explosive arrows (showcased on the front page as one of the two new skills to show off) is pretty fun. The ranger is otherwise pretty normal.

The other problem is the rangers armor specialty. for a quick background, there are 3 'types' of armor. Armor which makes you take less damage, Energy Shield which gives you a separate health gauge and recharges. And Evasion, which just keeps you from getting hit altogether.

Rangers specialize (get bonuses to) evasion. Evasion works perfectly the way its implemented, the problem is that monsters do too much damage for evasion to work overly properly. The one time you get hit..is the time you die.

So a combination of nothing too new to show off, as well as the classes specialty is underpowered right now. And you wind up with not many really showing it off.

Other than the death problem though it works pretty well as a class. It is one of the higher damaging archetypes when it comes to being in the final game.

Otherwise due to how the game works, right now, the only bonus being a ranger gives is more 'frenzy charges' (a type of resource you can build if you have the right passives and/or skills), and the fact you get more dex per dex passive than other other skill.

Honestly if we wern't so close to a new beta I'd start making a new ranger, because I think a ranger can outwitch a witch...if you're going for a certain line of spells.
I tend to be a very opinionated and brief poster. Due to this I often come across more hostile than I really am, sorry bout that. Also my train of thought is odd, something I just forget to post needed information, or assume its already known.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info