What class is the most fun?

I've always liked casters, so it's witch for me. Close second would be marauder, as a pure strength beast.
Problems? support@grindinggear.com
Duelist(so classy!).
Anyhow, the one you Like the best(classy hybrid melee characters for me{Duelist, Dex/Int charater).

Edit: Seeing how many witches there are here, I reckon that people such as Matthias Thulmann(a Witch Hunter) would have QUITE a bit of work here:).
Last edited by Ixim on Oct 5, 2011, 4:25:10 PM
no
No to what?
Right now in the current beta its hard to say..they plan to change so much in the next patch that well..it'll be hard.

Right now all classes have access to the same passives, and you can take all 5 classes down the exact same passive line and have close to the exact same char each time (but only close, stats will be different so you can't equip exactly what other classes would be capable of equipping. Also if you use skills/passives to get charges your max charges will be different, also armor/energy shield/evasion from armor will differ too).

But with the upcomming new beta, as the dev diary said, they plan to change, massively, how characters interact with the passives tree. Instead of everyone starting in the exact same spot..everyone will have a different area they start in...some passives will become items..new passives added. As well as a whole mess of new skills, that should help add some excitement to the different classes.

Now with the change..I can give you a close guess as to how each class will play..but be reminded that, because of how the system works..a duelist, with, ranger, and the unknown class will probably be able to have the exact same build, with each one sacrificing different things in order to make that symetry. You can also splash each class into other classes if you felt like it.

But anyway, here is what each class will probably be best at.

Witch: Ranged blaster. capable of never truely running out of mana. Will most likely choose an element (fire, lightning, or ice). Maybe minions, will be capable of casting spells quite quickly. Can also learn to do good damage with wands or staves. Although others will probably be better. Damage will be mitigated by a shield..a second health bar that dosn't trigger casting interruption when hit.

Marauder: Melee, melee, melee. Walk up, smash face, probably with a two handed weapon. Capable of using the weapon to hit multiple enemies, hopping in and out of combat (litterally). Probably does focus on a single weapon type in the end. Will take less damage from each individual hit...but is probably easy to hit. Can add fire damage to any of his attack skills, so that the attack can possibly set the enemy on fire. The marauder will probably love fighting swarms of enemy due to how he stops damage.

Ranger: Here have a bow..now go at it. Capable of quickly attacking, sending a barrage of arrows at an enemy. Blowing up the dead to add more damage. The ranger is a master at ranged attacking, mobility, and accuracy. Instead of reducing damage they choose to just evade the damage and not take it, making them good at fighting bosses, or other single high damage monsters (or at least will once the changes are in..) as they'll take a single hit, and have time to run out and heal before it happens again. Can add cold damage to attacks so that they'll slow down, or possibly freeze the enemy.

Templar: Ahh you're mixture of the witch and the marauder. Mostly a shield and weapon type guy, he's good with fire skills and fire spells. Has both a good energy shield and a decent amount of armor. Will start off a fight by casting a few spells at the enemy, then once they are close enough will begin to smash fast. Extreemly defensive due to his design..he'll be tough to take down.

Duelist: Now for Marauder and Ranger mix. Instead of going for a two handed weapon..you tend to go for two individual weapons. You have pretty good mobitliy, can pick up a bow in a pinch, have high accuracy. And do a good blend of both taking less damage from monsters..as well as just never getting hit at all. You don't really favor an element..although adding fire or ice to your attacks shouldn't be too hard. You do tend to attack rather quickly though.

Unnanounced Class: Capable of quickly attacking with cold, claws, wands. You probably duel wield most equipment. You could use a bow. You are a master at blanketing an area with ranged attacks though..be it a spread out fan of a hail of arrows, or firing multiple spells off at once. You tend to either dodge all attacks or you take it to your energy shield.

Again this is from the current beta as we know it..as well as some things announced in the upcomming beta patch. Things can quite easily change. And again this is a general idea of each class....your tree is so open you can take chars in many ways. And you can catch most of this information in both the live streams..as well as the released skill tree.
I tend to be a very opinionated and brief poster. Due to this I often come across more hostile than I really am, sorry bout that. Also my train of thought is odd, something I just forget to post needed information, or assume its already known.
"
Stafir wrote:
Right now in the current beta its hard to say..they plan to change so much in the next patch that well..it'll be hard.

Totally agree with Stafir.

In my current experience (I played all classes), the fire witch / summoner is the one I enjoyed most, followed by the templar.

With the new patch I migth try a fire templar, depending on the skill tree ^^

I did NOT enjoy the duelist. Not one bit. And - Keysus be my witness - I really, really tried to like him.
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Oct 5, 2011, 10:13:05 PM
"
Ixim wrote:
No to what?

my thoughts exactly
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I think I will enjoy the marauder the most just because hes the closest thing to the barbarian and i love tanking and smashing faces.
I plan on making a ranger. This is really a personal question though... people have different play styles. Whichever character class fits your play style the best should be your pick.
"
Nicirin wrote:
I plan on making a ranger. This is really a personal question though... people have different play styles. Whichever character class fits your play style the best should be your pick.

True, everyone have their own taste :)

And I think thats why this thread was started, to let people tell others which class they prefer. No one really have right or wrong
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info