Is returning even worth it at this point?

Everyone in temporary leagues currently plays with crappy gear. The game has only gotten more options and to some degree easier with time.
"
FlyingToe wrote:
I was considering a return to the game after a six month break for the 1.2 update, but it seems that most of the builds, especially the cheaper ones, have been nerfed to hell. It also seems that the game now requires even godlier gear just to compete on the most basic level. And since I don't have much in terms of gear or currency, I'm just wondering if it's even worth the comeback?

Not sure where you get that from, decent gear is cheaper than ever due to masters crafting and most skills actually got buffs through either plain buffs on the gem or through the skill tree plus the before mentioned availability of decent gear makes it even easier to progress through content with almost everything. Just try it and you'll see :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i've been playing a shadow the last few leagues with some success and haven't spent a bunch of currency.

imo, the 1.2 shadow start tree has gotten really strong. im surprised at how well im doing this time out. much better than usual, and as far as being broke, much better geared than in the one month that recently ended. little unsure what feeling so strong early on might mean by the end of act 3, we shall see. im not nieve enough to be too optimistic. i do suck at this after all. and it is hella fun.

new tree is really interesting and i dont see making new builds as broken or only for those with the secret to success. if you need some ideas or to re-orient, look for updated trees in the forums, or take a view at ziggyD's vid from august 19. really nice orientation to revamping some classics.

i agree: the water is fine.

we all start broke. some of us just stay that way longer than others :P

also: chickens.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

Funny, a lot of use voluntarily start from nothing every 3-4 months.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
FlyingToe wrote:
I was considering a return to the game after a six month break for the 1.2 update, but it seems that most of the builds, especially the cheaper ones, have been nerfed to hell. It also seems that the game now requires even godlier gear just to compete on the most basic level. And since I don't have much in terms of gear or currency, I'm just wondering if it's even worth the comeback?

Not sure where you get that from, decent gear is cheaper than ever due to masters crafting and most skills actually got buffs through either plain buffs on the gem or through the skill tree plus the before mentioned availability of decent gear makes it even easier to progress through content with almost everything. Just try it and you'll see :)

What are you smoking bro? This was a huge nerf patch.
Last edited by Bushido74 on Aug 22, 2014, 1:40:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info