What if Rampage mechanic...

Why is it on kill in the first place theres only like 50-100? npcs in one area in the first place (don't know if the counter goes with you thru gateways)

It should be on hit and at xxx combo counter it would give REAL bonuses because whatever the hell its doing now is not really good (i did like the skull seeking things but only had them once i think)

At these bonus lvl all the mobs get harder somehow based on what bonus you got
Agreed that Rampage is extremely boring. The "chaining" of kills meter depletes wayyy too fast, like 5 seconds or so. Did they realize that there isn't a mob every square inch of a map? Or that everyone in the new leagues wouldn't be able to kill that fast anyways? And the reward for getting kills is...slightly faster attacks + a big explosion every 20 kills or so?

Extremely disappointed. Highest killstreak I got was 99, and the best effect is like some crazy detonate dead, but that's it. I agree, add more IR or IQ the higher the killstreak, maybe past 50 is when it would kick in then go up from there. Or, just prolong killstreak meter to 10 seconds instead of the very short 5(?). Worst league yet.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
i see people complaining about drop rates rather than the league itself. Drop rates have always been shit.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Kandamo on Aug 22, 2014, 1:27:57 AM
I think one of the easiest and most compatible ways to improve it would be to make the bonus give +movement speed while the kill streak is still going on, to give time for people to get to the next pack
"
Yerond wrote:
I think one of the easiest and most compatible ways to improve it would be to make the bonus give +movement speed while the kill streak is still going on, to give time for people to get to the next pack

That's pretty good too, didn't think about that. Either prolong meter to 10 seconds, or give players like 50% movement speed increase or something so we're moving like lightning. That would effect flicker strike though, probably break computers :p
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
I think they really should make Rampage adhere to the philosophy they want for the softcore leagues:
Additional Rewards for more risk

At the moment Rampage does neither, while Beyond seems to have gotten that philosophy )at least for the part of chosing risk, rweards lacking atm)

So, to bring Rampage back in line, I suggest:

1.) Increase movement speed per Rampage level
2.) Increase the quantity/rarity of loot that drops for each rampage level
3.) Increase the monsters attack, cast and movement speed at the same rate as the players movement speed
4.) Make them harder to kill per rampage level (+life, resists, armour/ES/Evasion etc.)

Now you'd actually can chose the risk by deciding how far you can go.
"
Kandamo wrote:
i see people complaining about drop rates rather than the league itself. Drop rates have always been shit.

Funny, my brother started playing again yesterday and asked me whether they buffed the droprates of Orbs, because he is finding more than ever before.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Fangs wrote:
Agreed that Rampage is extremely boring. The "chaining" of kills meter depletes wayyy too fast, like 5 seconds or so. Did they realize that there isn't a mob every square inch of a map? Or that everyone in the new leagues wouldn't be able to kill that fast anyways? And the reward for getting kills is...slightly faster attacks + a big explosion every 20 kills or so?

Extremely disappointed. Highest killstreak I got was 99, and the best effect is like some crazy detonate dead, but that's it. I agree, add more IR or IQ the higher the killstreak, maybe past 50 is when it would kick in then go up from there. Or, just prolong killstreak meter to 10 seconds instead of the very short 5(?). Worst league yet.
ya the reason why i lose my streak aint because i cant kill, its because i dont have anything to kill since packs are too far away from eachother
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Kandamo wrote:

Funny, my brother started playing again yesterday and asked me whether they buffed the droprates of Orbs, because he is finding more than ever before.

I seen this as well while leveling with my guild yesterday. Not that many drops for me but we had at least 10 regrets and 2ex dropped in like 2 hours or play in a 4 man party).

Regarding the fun of rampage I like the movement idea, I believe that was teased as well. Get stronger and faster with each rampage stage, now its just like "oh i shot few fire balls" " oh i had a vaal detonate dead" again. And when you farm certain area's it is impossible to counter the empty spots in the zone to keep the streak going.

I dont really require better drops just make us move a bit faster / or gain some strength. Heck, just a bit of movementspeed would be fine for now :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info