Scion dual strike

Last edited by robokox on Aug 21, 2014, 11:25:03 AM
anyone ? mb some criticism ?
bump
bump again...
Ok sorry for the wall of text, but your build had a lot of problems, which is fine, I'm going to detail some of them for your benefit. Try not to take it too harshly, this is all meant as constructive criticism to help you become better at planning future builds.

You are way to spread out on the tree and you try to do too many things with your passives and the build seemed very convoluted because of this. You picked up Vaal Pact for some reason even though reflect will not be an issue. VP would only serve to gimp your leech and negate 150 life regen per second. Also you were traveling up from scion start to pick up some attack speed and Aura reduction. We don't need more than 2 auras for this build (Hatred and Grace). You spent 3 points on the Forces of Nature wheel to the right of IR even though we are scaling our phys damage to be as high as possible. Also you traveled past a lot of life nodes and failed to pick them up resulting in only +58% life, you should try to aim for around 150% life on the tree.

Unwavering Stance is a good Keystone but for this build you are going to eventually want a Bringer of Rain. That item provides a link to the Blind gem which reduces the enemy's chance to hit by 50%. Since this effect counts as evasion and Unwavering Stance prevents you from Evading any attacks, this effect is lost on you. All of the nodes north of RT are very inefficient and all you are really getting is Sovereignty, which like I said above is pretty much useless.

Ok now on to the new tree. Here's the tree I am currently running on my Dual strike Scion.

With this build I have 4700 life, 10k Armor and 59% block. Also I'm rocking about 9 attacks per second with 33k dps on Dual Strike in a Bringer of Rain. My links are Dual Strike->Melee Splash->Multistrike->Added Fire (replace this with Blood Magic until you get a Soul Taker) plus the 3 links from BoR (Melee Phys->Faster Attacks-> Blind.

Your number one priority is getting a Bringer of Rain as soon as possible (only about 2ex now). Aim to get as much life, resist, and phys damage on jewelry. Gloves get as much evasion or armor with life, resist, attack speed or phys damage. Boots get life, resist, and as high evasion or armor as you can get. Belt get a nice Rustic Sash with life/armor/resists.

The beauty about this build is that its not weapon specific and you can get either swords or axes. Aim for the highest pDPS weapons you can afford. The end goal is to have a Soul Taker so you don't have to worry about mana, plus one other sword/axe with 300+ pDPS.

Hope this helps.
that was awesome, ty very, very, very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info